Thursday, July 23, 2009

The skies, and the flowers.



I went on the most amazing early morning run today.
I haven't done that in ages.
The sky was just turning from night into morning, and the clouds were illuminated breathtakingly by the sunrise.
I was reminded of Psalm 19:1
"The Heavens declare the glory of God. The skies proclaim the work of His hands."


Along my run, I came upon a beautiful field of sunflowers.. And again, I was reminded of a sweet truth that one of my old Bible study girls shared with me.. She told me that Sunflowers always turn to face the sun.. And amazingly enough.. I have witnessed that over and over.. All of the sunflowers in the field were facing the sun..

I took that to heart.. wanting to be like a sunflower.. and face the Son. Jesus that is.

That is my goal today.. to soak up the sweet aroma of Jesus, while basking in awe at the work of His hands.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment